YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul has often found himself on the wrong end of public opinion. Yet he continues to grow bigger and bigger in his boxing career. These days, ‘The Problem Child’ has been linked to a potential boxing match with former unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. This comes after his monumental boxing match against the legendary Mike Tyson.
The pair danced in the brutal brawl in November last year, which broke viewership and gate records. Albeit the fight itself left much to be desired. As predicted by many, 58-year-old Tyson was a mere shell of his former self and gassed out after the first round. The much younger Paul, on the other hand, remained quick on his feet, ultimately winning the fight via unanimous decision.
However, someone like Mike Tyson losing to someone like Jake Paul didn’t quite sit right with the fans, even though it made sense to people who know the ins and outs of the sport. The casual fan base had erupted with allegations, claiming the fight was staged and Tyson was paid to lose. The community ran amok with such conspiracy theories.
Manchester City v Atletico Madrid – UEFA Champions League – Quarter Final – First Leg – Etihad Stadium Former boxer Ricky Hatton is seen pitch side prior to the UEFA Champions League Quarter Final first leg match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester. Picture date: Tuesday April 5, 2022. Use subject to restrictions. Editorial use only, no commercial use without prior consent from rights holder. PUBLICATIONxNOTxINxUKxIRL Copyright: xMikexEgertonx 66236917
Following a handful of months, former world champion Carl Froch brought up the subject with another boxing legend from the UK, Ricky Hatton, asking whether Tyson had really pushed himself against ‘El Gallo.’ 46-year-old Ricky Hatton, who has seen plenty of action in the ring, had a slightly different opinion on the matter, though. He felt neither Paul nor Tyson pushed themselves for the fight.
During an interview, ‘The Hitman’ Hatton told Froch, “I don’t think Jake Paul tried against him,” which is against the rules of the sport. Hatton believed the pair should have had an exhibition match instead. If you remember, initially, it was announced as an exhibition, but it was later labeled a pro fight sanctioned by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR).
Regardless, Hatton added, “I don’t mind exhibitions. I’ve done one… Then build it as a proper fight…” While Hatton may not think either fighter gave it their all in the fight, it’s untenable that the fight has helped Paul’s brand grow, so much so that a mix of pro boxers and influencers want the smoke with him.
Jake Paul and Logan Paul receive a unique fight challenge
Eddie Hall has issued a wild challenge to Jake and Logan Paul, calling for a 2v1 showdown inside the ring. Hall, a former World’s Strongest Man, has experience in such mismatches, having fought and knocked out the Neffati brothers in a 2v1 MMA fight last year. “Jake Paul and Logan Paul, I’d love to get those two in the ring together,” Hall told Ariel Helwani.
“I think it would be very uneven… One hundred percent [I could beat them]. Powerbomb, smack them straight across the jaw.” Hall is currently preparing for his second MMA fight against five-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski on April 26 in Poland. Facing an opponent with 26 professional MMA fights, Hall admitted, “I’ve got a lot to be scared of.”
While the Paul brothers are no strangers to spectacle fights, it remains to be seen if they’ll entertain Hall’s bold challenge.
That said, it appears that while people thought Mike Tyson was the one holding himself back, Ricky Hatton feels Jake Paul did the same thing. However, there’s no evidence regarding the same. Do you agree with Hatton?
The post Jake Paul Accused of Violating Boxing Rule Against Mike Tyson Months After Staged Fight Allegations appeared first on EssentiallySports.