Jake Paul’s Biggest Payday Yet Threatened by KSI Fight Twist

Jake Paul continues to be haunted by a lack of opponent for his next trip to the squared circle. The 28-year-old last appeared in the ring against the legendary Mike Tyson in November last year, which broke several records. He was recently linked to a couple of fights against two of the biggest names in the sport! Who?

WBA lightweight champion Gervonta Davis and super-middleweight king Canelo Alvarez. Alvarez was scooped up by His Excellency Turki Alalshikh at the last minute with a four-fight agreement, which will see Canelo fight William Scull in May and Terence Crawford in September, later this year. Meanwhile, Davis failed to defeat Lamont Roach Jr. in March, which blocked a potential fight between Davis and Paul.

Now, it appears that another potential opponent for Paul might get snapped up by his biggest rival, fellow YouTube star KSI. You must be wondering who KSI is fighting and who the mystery opponent is. You see, the British YouTube star was recently scheduled to square off against controversial MMA star Dillon Danis. However, KSI was forced to pull out of the fight due to a sudden illness.

Though KSI promised that a new date for the fight would be announced, it never happened. Meanwhile, controversial Kick streamer Sneako seems to have dropped hints about why KSI pulled out of the fight, which he claims is to make a fight against internet influencer Andrew Tate. In his latest Kick stream, Sneako said, “I don’t have intel on this, but I think they are gonna call this.”

Sneako thinks that KSI pulled out of the fight with Dillon Danis to fight Andrew Tate pic.twitter.com/n4fNjsNgwD

— IFN (@IfnBoxing) April 3, 2025

“Tate’s gonna fight KSI. I think that’s why KSI pulled out of the Dillon Danis fight,” Sneako said. It’s worth noting that the Brit was seen at a concert shortly after citing illness as the reason for pulling out of the fight with Danis. This led Danis to criticize him for allegedly faking the illness to avoid facing him. Regardless, fans have long wanted to see Jake Paul and Andrew Tate fight. 

If the KSI vs. Tate fight ends up happening, the British YouTuber would have just upstaged his long-time rival. And Paul may lose out on another influencer opponent. However, Paul is not completely out of options either! 

Jake Paul may end up fighting this former world-champion

Jake Paul may end up facing former world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in what could be a high-stakes clash between fame and legacy. Despite dismissing Chavez Jr. as “easy work,” Paul’s ambition for a world title may lead him down this path. “I want someone tougher than Chavez,” Paul told Fight Hype. However, the WBA’s openness to sanctioning the bout adds new intrigue.

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA – OCTOBER 22: Julio César Chávez Jr. attends Logan Paul Workout Showcase at Wild Card Boxing Club on October 22, 2019 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Leon Bennett/Getty Images)

 “I am not against a Jake Paul vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. for a championship,” wrote WBA president Gilberto Mendoza on X. Chavez Jr., looking to revive his career, believes Paul is the perfect opponent. “It’s time, Jake,” he said on social media, calling out the Cleveland native. Trainer Charles Huerta echoed this, saying, “It’s the biggest fight out there for Jake Paul right now.” With both fighters eyeing relevance, this unexpected matchup might just become a reality—with a title possibly on the line.

That said, it appears Andrew Tate as an opponent might be slipping out of Jake Paul’s hands, at least, according to Sneako. However, there’s no solid evidence that KSI is pursuing a fight against Andrew Tate. Only time will tell who will fight who. Until then, share your thoughts on the matter. 

The post Jake Paul’s Biggest Payday Yet Threatened by KSI Fight Twist appeared first on EssentiallySports.